Friday, November 16, 2012

VOLUNTARY DISCLOSURES - ENHANCE ACCOUNTABILITY?


Explain why the disclosure of voluntary information in annual reports can enhance the company’s accountability to equity investors

Voluntary disclosures are an effective way of redressing the information asymmetry that exists between management and investors. In adding to mandatory content, voluntary disclosures give a fuller picture of the state of the company.


1. More information helps investors decide whether the company matches their risk, strategic and ethical criteria, and expectations.

2. Makes the annual report more forward looking (predictive) whereas the majority of the numerical content is backward facing on what has been.

3. Helps transparency in communicating more fully thereby better meeting the agency accountability to investors, particularly shareholders.

4. There is a considerable amount of qualitative information that cannot be conveyed using statutory numbers (such as strategy, ethical content, social reporting, etc).

5. Voluntary disclosure gives a more rounded and more complete view of the company, its activities, strategies, purposes and values.

6. Voluntary disclosure enables the company to address specific shareholder concerns as they arise (such as responding to negative publicity).




4 comments:

  1. Thanks for some other informative site. Where else could I am getting that kind of information written in such an ideal means? I have a mission that I am just now operating on, and I’ve been on the glance out for such information. https://adamfantacy.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m not sure why but this site is loading very slow for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a problem on my end? I’ll check back later on and see if the problem still exists. My Blog http://xerobuff.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very interesting, You’re a very skilled blogger. I’ve joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your magnificent post. Also, I have shared your web site in my social networks! My Blog http://cillerflix.wikidot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Foreign currency markets undertake huge pattern modifications if the simple consensus is bearish or incredibly bullish. My Blog http://www.thailovechat.com/member/view_blog.php?profile_id=1590750

    ReplyDelete